Author Topic: Pics from the Stanley Hotel  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
Pics from the Stanley Hotel
« on: Jun 30 2009 - 05:35PM »
Hi everyone!  These pics weren't intended to be posted in any of the paranormal threads, but here we are, with something at least interesting.... :)
My sister and her boyfriend stayed in the Manor House at the Stanley for a few days while we were in Estes Park for vacation.  Every evening they have cocktails on the porch, so we headed over there for a few before going to dinner.  It's gorgeous there, and I wanted to wander but stuck to the lobby area and the porch (and slobbered all over the gift shop).

This picture was taken across the street from the Stanley, at the site of one of the first town settlers homes.  The rock formation right above it is known as the Twin Owls.

Here's from the front walk...

Here's the main staircase...

View from the front porch..

Western view from the front lawn, hideous, isn't it? :)

And here are the pictures I took in the lobby.  I took two quick snapshots, and there is a tour that has just begun in the far left corner.  They are standing in front of a Stanley Steamer, which is in front of a portrait of (I believe) Mr. Stanley.  I did not see anything tall and black coming out of the car, but there may have been something I wouldn't have paid much attention to there that just didn't really register, I don't know.  More pictures to follow taken from the internets, fortunately the area is commonly photographed.  Also, I did have two shots of this, however I am an idiot and saved over the second original with my edit.  Already deleted off the card and gone for all time.  Bah.

What do you think?

Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
Re: Pics from the Stanley Hotel
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30 2009 - 05:39PM »
And here is a picture of the car, and two other pictures of the lobby, taken from random image searches...

Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline scaryd

• Apparition
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30 2009 - 07:28PM »
these are really nice pictures if the stanley the hotel where the "red room" movie was filed! I definitly see the black shape in the window.
"Sometimes the Lord quiets the storm, and sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child"

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #3 on: Jul 01 2009 - 08:34AM »
Wow very nice pics Rachael man I wish I would of been there too!   :Y: