Author Topic: White Mausoleum in Willow Spring's Fairmont Cemetery that played music.  (Read 1761 times)

Offline Edward_Shanahan

• Mere Mortal
  • Ed Shanahan - edwardshanahan.com
    • Haunted Historic Locations

Image from Fairmont cemetery in Willow Springs.
This is of White Mausoleum, now torn down, these
photos are ones few people have of the Mausoleum.

The Paranormal Stories that go with it and out of the book
'Voices from The Chicago Graves' is that music could be
heard coming from it.

As you can see, the photo below shows
the side of the mausoleum and as you
can see the bricks are pushed out -
FROM the inside and it looks like they
could of been burnt from fire, but coming
from the inside out.

I'm grateful I was drawn to it, to take
photos of it before it was gone.

Never Say Never - as I may change your mind.

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
...and towards the top of the structure in the 2nd photo, it looks like the face of a woman. I see an eye & a mouth.
"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere

Offline Aten

• Empath
Hey Ed thanks for posting the photos of the mausoleum. I can see the black marks you told me about on it. I`m sure the people in charge of the cemetery now have no idea there once stood a mausoleum in that spot.  =D>

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
Hey Ed thanks for posting the photos of the mausoleum. I can see the black marks you told me about on it. I`m sure the people in charge of the cemetery now have no idea there once stood a mausoleum in that spot.  =D>

So what do the black marks represent? Is it a secret? I think the black marks on the upper right is were Tommy is saying that he sees a face. I see what really does look like an eye but I don't see a mouth. I don't think it is really a face but I could be wrong. I would love to know more about the place. Thanks for posting the picture. It was certainly a stroke of good fortune that you were drawn to take the picture before it was gone.  :Y:
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Aten

• Empath
Colleen Ed told me the mausoleum burned from the inside out and the black is soot from what happened. He can for sure tell you more about this place.  :)

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
Thanks Aten. That's strange that a mauseleum would burn. I'm curious if it was vandalism or not. Sad.

Hey Tommy. I see the place you are talking about. I think it's the black marks. I really don't think it's a face but I do think that it radically looks like an eye and once you see that spot that looks like an eye then the spot underneath begins to take on the shape of a mouth. That's what happened with me anyway. I didn't see the mouth lpart at all until you told me about it and then I started trying to make that mark look like a mouth...lol And a big part of why I think that is that it would be a rather awkward spot for the mouth to be in if that were to be one eye.  But hey I'm not ever surprised to find out that I am mistaken.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Edward_Shanahan

• Mere Mortal
  • Ed Shanahan - edwardshanahan.com
    • Haunted Historic Locations
Thanks Aten. That's strange that a mauseleum would burn. I'm curious if it was vandalism or not. Sad.

Hey Tommy. I see the place you are talking about. I think it's the black marks. I really don't think it's a face but I do think that it radically looks like an eye and once you see that spot that looks like an eye then the spot underneath begins to take on the shape of a mouth. That's what happened with me anyway. I didn't see the mouth lpart at all until you told me about it and then I started trying to make that mark look like a mouth...lol And a big part of why I think that is that it would be a rather awkward spot for the mouth to be in if that were to be one eye.  But hey I'm not ever surprised to find out that I am mistaken.

Hi Colleen2510,

Yes what I seen in person and why I took the photos, is it seemed fire was inside it, but the strange thing is, the bricks around the fire marks, where pushed outwards, like something or someone was trying to get out. Old legends created by a past owner of the Capone's place in Willow Springs, came up with a story that a tunnel from the Capone place ran to this location and they would escape through it. Someone did a lot of research on that story, and it's not true.
Never Say Never - as I may change your mind.