Author Topic: Our first trip to Bachelor's Grove!  (Read 2848 times)

Offline michelle6620

• Mere Mortal
Our first trip to Bachelor's Grove!
« on: Sep 28 2009 - 08:03PM »
This is my first post on this forum and I'm excited to say that after years and years of reading about Bachelor's Grove my husband and I were finally able to make a trip there this past Saturday (9/26/2009).

Wow, what an awesome day that turned out to be.

When we arrived and walked down the path to the cemetery it didn't feel any different than any other forest preserve I have ever been to.
Entering into the cemetery I was taken aback by the disarray of this cemetery.  I know I have read many stories about the horrible vandalism and how the grass, weeds and vines hadn't been trimmed down in quite sometime, but seeing it myself I felt an overwhelming sadness come upon me.
I don't know if this happens to everyone but how sad to destroy a cemetery that was once so beautiful.

We walked everywhere there was to walk in this small cemetery and by the end of the day I had took about 100 pictures, some of graves, the pond, the creek and the forest.  In the meantime my husband was videotaping everything.

We walked through the hole in the fence in the back that led out to the murky pond and walked the small trail around that, took some photo's by the creek.

When leaving the creek I smelled the strong sudden scent of Patchouli oil as I approached the fence, more exact the back corner post on the west end of the cemetery.  By the time my husband walked over it was gone.  He took pictures of me by the gate and me stepping back many times and smelling the area again and again.  I did pick up on the scent one other time before we ventured back into the cemetery.  We walked around some more and then ventured out upon the trail.  We walked to the area that is a clearing of trees, just on the other side of where the old road ends.

We walked around that area, we never spotted the wells but I did find what I think was a piece of the foundation of a house.
Anyway, nothing really weird at that point, I called my husband over to checkout this Woodpecker, he still had the video camera on and was panning the area.

At this point in the film (after we got home and were viewing the tape) when my husband was panning with the camera in the wooded area right before he reaches me pointing out the Woodpecker THE GHOST HOUSE is caught on our video tape.  He pans right by it, we didn't see and as far as we know there was nothing there BUT on the tape there the house stands, the white wooden old farmhouse so many have spoken about actually seeing.

We have reviewed the tape numerous times and it is there.  I would LOVE to share this with everyone BUT we have an old Sony Handi Cam and I'm still trying to figure out the easiest way to transfer to my PC from the video tape to the Movie Maker program on my PC.

If anybody could help me out and tell me what I need to buy then I can get this video up on this site...I'm very excited to share this!

OK, now for the pictures.  I viewed all my photos, actually way before we watched the video and found some paranormal activity in my photos....so here they are.  I may need some help pointing out what I'm seeing in the photos, I notice people are able to circle things on there pictures...I don't know how to do this as of yet.

The first photo I see a face in the grassy area that looks like a wolf, it is in the center on the photo in front of the group of trees in the middle and to the left a little bit.

The second photo I see a woman, mostly just her face as her body is covered by leaves.  Her hair seems to be in a bun and her face is looking towards me.  She is on the right hand side of the photo, positioned between two branches.  If you look at the branch laying across the bottom on the pond, there is a shiny part on the main branch and she is directly up from that.  This is also close to the area where I smelled the Patchouli oil.

The third photo I see a glowing ball (Orb) that is on the upper left hand side of the photo in front of the fence.

A ghost is someone who hasn't made it - in other words, who died, and they don't know they're dead. So they keep walking around and thinking that you're inhabiting their - let's say, their domain. So they're aggravated with you.
Sylvia Browne

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: Our first trip to Bachelor's Grove!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28 2009 - 08:11PM »
Hi,

I see u figured out how to post, great story and pictures.  I'm busy right now but I'll download them later and see what you have...... I just wanted to post a quick note, Thanks again for sharing your photos!  bo
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28 2009 - 08:54PM »
For the Sony HandiCam, do you have the model number? I don't know exactly the connections, but I'm pretty good with computer and peripherals, so with a model number I can check.

Off-hand, I would say you need a firewire cable and a port on the computer. Once connected, the system should detect the camcorder, and from there you can import the video from the camcorder, and then butcher it as necessary to select the ghost house footage.
Loading Signature...

Offline michelle6620

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #3 on: Sep 28 2009 - 10:06PM »
Thanks for your help Exzyle2k, the model number is Sony Handi Cam Vision video 8 XR Model # CCD-TRV15.
I'll make a stop a Best Buy if you can verify what I need to get.  Thanks so much in advance!
A ghost is someone who hasn't made it - in other words, who died, and they don't know they're dead. So they keep walking around and thinking that you're inhabiting their - let's say, their domain. So they're aggravated with you.
Sylvia Browne

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #4 on: Sep 28 2009 - 10:17PM »
Alrighty... From what I'm seeing online, it's an analog recorder, not digital... Which means you can't offload DIRECTLY to the computer, but you can with the addition of a capture card or a capture box.

Best Buy should have one, just make sure they don't bend you over for the price.

Also keep in mind you get what you pay for... I would recommend a USB one. AverMedia makes good ones, Pinnacle is one of the best out there, ADS is a bargain-brand type. It'll be good for transfer, but not much else...

If you have any more questions, you know where to reach me!
Loading Signature...

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #5 on: Sep 29 2009 - 01:53PM »
Wow, I can't wait to see the video footage, keep us updated Michelle!
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline MarkMc1990

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #6 on: Sep 30 2009 - 02:52AM »
That face in the second photo is eerie!
-Mark

Offline michelle6620

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #7 on: Sep 30 2009 - 07:15AM »
Thanks for your input.  I was worried that my eyes were playing tricks on me and nobody could see what I did.
That face just jumped right out at me as I was studying each picture that I took.
Hopefully this weekend I'll get to Best Buy and get the capture box I need so I can show everybody the white farmhouse.
Sylvia Browne

Offline michelle6620

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #8 on: Sep 30 2009 - 07:20AM »
I can't wait to get the footage posted!  I'm so overwhelmed by work that I haven't got to Best Buy yet for the capture box but hopefully Friday night or Saturday I'll get over there and get the footage posted!
We can't wait to go back there, I'm hoping that this Saturday or Sunday we can make another trip there.
If anybody wants to join us they are more than welcome.
Sylvia Browne

Offline AfterForever

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #9 on: Oct 14 2009 - 04:10PM »
Can someone circle where the face is in the second photo?Thank you kindly.My eyes are starting to cross looking. emb
My Mama wore cotton bloomers

Offline Attic Ghost

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #10 on: Oct 17 2009 - 12:03AM »
Michelle6620 and I (Attic Ghost) found a second face, this one just below the first.  I figured out how to circle both.  Here they are.  Hope this makes it a bit more clear.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #11 on: Oct 17 2009 - 02:08PM »
Boy, that one on the bottom really does look like a face too.....
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #12 on: Oct 22 2009 - 06:00AM »
Great pictures Michelle.  Thanks for posting

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #13 on: Oct 23 2009 - 12:27AM »
Nice pictures Michelle. It certainly does look like a face peering out from the foilage.
T H E  T R U T H  I S  O U T  T H E R E