Author Topic: Chicago Ghost Conference - an enjoyable time Saturday.  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Edward_Shanahan

• Mere Mortal
  • Ed Shanahan - edwardshanahan.com
    • Haunted Historic Locations
Chicago Ghost Conference, a great day spent there Saturday and 'Thank You' to all who visited with me and the many who signed up to receive the newsletter, had readings and talked about the Paranormal. Paranormal Cops (A & E - New TV show), great group of Police Officers and had fun talking to about cities they patrol and I'm in often.

And Ursula Bielski - Chicago's top paranormal author who held the conference, a friend and who I partner with doing our Beyond the Veil nights - and has included me in her Chicago Haunts 3, a new book that just came out. I had fun all day and Saturday night. A very large turn-out of people, top people in the paranormal that where speakers all day and a great location, live band after-wards, dinner and just a great time.  =D>

Edward Shanahan
http://edwardshanahan.com

Never Say Never - as I may change your mind.

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
Re: Chicago Ghost Conference - an enjoyable time Saturday.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04 2009 - 11:39AM »
John and I had a really great time at the conference!  We both plan to post later in more depth about highlights from our perspective, but hey, it's Sunday, we're lazy today.  So... more to come soon!

In the meantime, a big thank you to Ursula and Ed for having us, we appreciate the opportunity and truly had a terrific day. :)
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05 2009 - 11:45AM »
Rachael you and John are really living the celebrity lifestyle.  che I feel privelidged to even know the 2 of you. I can't wait to actually meet you guys in person. I thinks I'd better get to Chicago before I get left behind... LOL  Can't wait to hear more about the conference!
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05 2009 - 01:28PM »
The ghost conference was a great time, I want to thank Ursula and Ed both.....

We had a really good time there, Rachael and I both weren't sure what to expect there.  However it was really a great time, our booth was number one front and center.  We had people at our booth pretty much the whole day, kind of shocked the heck out of me.  I had made up 100 business cards for the forum, I thought that would be more then enough..... I came home with 2 cards.

[float=right]http://www.youtube.com/v/kcpRcT9m1iA[/float]
The booth next to us was The Paranormal Cops, from the new TV show on A&E called paranormal Cops.  These guys are all really great guys, Rachael and I both talked with them on and off all day and also showed them pictures from our website.  They probably will be joining our site as our newest celebrity members shortly too!  www.chicagoparanormaldetectives.com

I  got to meet Lorraine Warren in person and spoke with her for a while.  She had some amazing stories and I had a great time speaking with her.

I also met Tony from Chasing Midnight, he is the guy that did the video on our main page about Bachelors Grove. I have corresponded with Tony before but this is the first time I had met him.

And last but not least, I got to meet all the guys (and girl) from Who Forted.com
These guy's where really nice people, and I had a great time talking with them all.  They where nothing like I was told, evil demons from hell...  :)

All and all it was a really good time, and again I want to thank Ursula for the invitation.
« Last Edit: Oct 06 2009 - 04:57PM by Ghost1 »
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #4 on: Oct 06 2009 - 02:25PM »
Ok, let's see, here's my two cents, which will probably turn into about $.75 ....  ter

Ghost1 and I really had no idea what to expect, or what we should have at our table, or what we would talk about, or anything, and I think it made us both a bit edgy going into it.  Our table was not very elaborate compared to others, but I think it looked nice and we held our own.  Ghost1 made a nice photo album with a bunch of pictures in it, and copies for people that wanted them.  I had my laptop with the site up so people could check it out if they wanted to, we had a bowl of candy to lure em in with, and a candle holder that doubled as a business card holder pretty darn well.  The cards flew off the table, the book was gone through many, many times, and we talked to TONS of people about Bachelors Grove, www.bachelors-grove.com, things paranormal in general, all sorts of good stuff.  Ghost1 was also generous enough to feature my ghost girl picture, and since no one outside of this site has seen it yet, it was great to get new perspectives on it.  We both spent most of our time at our table, but one or both of us would wander around from time to time, either hearing speakers or seeing the other tables and pretty much whenever it was just us at the table we chatted about what a grand time we were having.  I didn't talk to everyone that was exhibiting there, I'm not sure that Ghost1 did either, but we sure did enjoy the time we had with the people we met!  Here are a few of my faves.....

Scott L. Jackson, The Halloween Art Exhibit www.halloweenartexhibit.com . We just chatted generally, I was a bit distracted by all the awesome pieces he had to display.  Check out the gallery on his site!  You can also find him at www.monstermangraphic.com

CPRS:  These guys were incredibly nice, and wow did they ever have a sweet set up!  They had examples of how they prepare their investigations, T-shirts for sale, pamphlets, and a massive monitor displaying pictures and such from various investigations.  They also were playing a clip of a video that has a 6 minute long EVP on it.  The EVP is music accompanied by a woman singing, but I couldn’t hear the singing because of the backround noise from the conference.  They have a Meetup group that seems to meet pretty regularly, check it out at http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Paranormal-Research-Society/ if you’re interested.

Paranormal Cops:  I love these guys, and I can’t wait to check out their show, which will be debuting soon on A&E!  Our table was right across from theirs, so we both spent quite a bit of time talking to them.  They were also the only guest speakers that I was able to see.  Their  affability and sincerity were just delightful.  They’re not hard on the eyes either ladies, heehee  emb  They have a very interesting approach to investigating, and they also have a medium with them, who’s philosophy I just adored.  Her name is Moriah Rhame, and she wrote a book called (and I love this too!) How to be a Happy Medium.  I ordered it and it’s on backorder for a month, but once I get it I’ll give it a review here.  While I wish them much success with their show, I’m not sure that wish is needed.  Instead I will offer my sincere wish that once their show is a success that they all remain as lovely in spirit as they are now.  Truly a pleasure to spend time with, all of them!

I also want to thank Arturo from Augustine Spiritual Goods for letting me park my laptop with him to charge, you’re the coolest   You can see his stuff at www.augustinespiritualgoods.com .

Also, and finally, a huge thank you to all the people who came to the conference, and who we had such fun conversations with!  If you’ve registered here since Saturday, please send us a note and let us know who you are!

Thanks,
Rachael
« Last Edit: Oct 06 2009 - 02:35PM by Rachael »

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Oct 06 2009 - 04:14PM »
OMGosh!!!!!!!!!! You met Lorraine Warren?!!!!!!!!! I want to kill myself right now! I can't believe you met Loraine! I think she is great! If you had met Jason and Grant I wouldn't be as jealous. Well IDK maybe I would.  But I would love to meet her. She has been in this business a looong time.
« Last Edit: Oct 06 2009 - 04:18PM by Ghost1 »
~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Oct 06 2009 - 04:24PM »
Wow Rachael it sounds like you had a great time. Wish I had been there to meet the "guys"...hehehe  You did such a good job of paying tribute to all of the people that you met.   =D> And you left us links for all of them.  :Y:  Thanks Rachael!  che
~Colleen~

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #7 on: Oct 06 2009 - 04:56PM »
Wow Rachael it sounds like you had a great time. Wish I had been there to meet the "guys"...hehehe  You did such a good job of paying tribute to all of the people that you met.   =D> And you left us links for all of them.  :Y:  Thanks Rachael!  che

I left links for every one too...didn't I do a good job?   :^(    JK
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: Oct 06 2009 - 06:03PM »
Dadburnit! I did leave you out Ghost1. You did a marvelous job and you even put that video on there which I had never seen before. Now I know all about the Paranormal Cops and I'm gonna go home and set my Tivo for them tonight so that I won't miss it when the season premier comes on! I take you for granted Ghost since you always do such a great job!   :smiley31:
~Colleen~

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #9 on: Oct 06 2009 - 06:38PM »
Colleen likes me better!  Neener neener neener!   gri

I could have blathered on much more, it was a blast and as soon as next years date is announced you will begin making plans to come for it! Oh  yes, you will :)  Thanks for the lovin!

Ghost1, do you remember the name of the guy that did the pencil and ink pictures?  Ed?  Ed showed me to his table, I hadn't been by there and holy cow, this guys stuff is great, I would love to post a link for him too.

Offline BlackHeart

• Ghost Hunter
  • I love Ghost Hunters :)
    • UnexplainedPhenomena
« Reply #10 on: Oct 06 2009 - 09:53PM »
Darn, I wish I could have gone. It sounded like fun stuff. Have to watch that Cop show. :camera:

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #11 on: Oct 07 2009 - 06:51PM »
OMGosh!!!!!!!!!! You met Lorraine Warren?!!!!!!!!! I want to kill myself right now!

Don't do it Colleen!!!!!  :^(

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: Oct 07 2009 - 07:18PM »
OMGosh!!!!!!!!!! You met Lorraine Warren?!!!!!!!!! I want to kill myself right now!

Don't do it Colleen!!!!!  :^(

Don't even worry about that for one second Rachael... I am too much of a chicken to kill myself even if got to that point. It was just an expression  emb  It's nice to know that someone out there cares. Your Rock Rachael! ;)
~Colleen~