Author Topic: The Moving Marker  (Read 2130 times)

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
The Moving Marker
« on: Oct 18 2009 - 12:00PM »
I remembered hearing from someone that the round-topped marker would move it's position in the cemetery.
has anyone else heard of this? So I started looking at my photos...and it looks like there is movement of the marker(s)
in some way or another.
T H E  T R U T H  I S  O U T  T H E R E

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
Re: The Moving Marker
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18 2009 - 12:40PM »
Yeah... the Patrick stone has moved back and forth many times over the years... It was just recently moved back towards it's base, whereas before it was on the other side of that path and moving closer towards the pond.

It was nothing paranormal, just people trying to send the stone into the pond, but due to it being solid marble it was a bigger undertaking than they realized.
Loading Signature...

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18 2009 - 01:12PM »
that solves that then... LOL

Offline mcox0711

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23 2009 - 05:42PM »
people are so stupid sometimes :O(

Offline cubcadet128

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #4 on: Oct 24 2009 - 11:36PM »
I have heard of this before, but thought it was paranormal. But yes, then I know now that it was probably kids doing, but would definitley be creepy if it was moving itself back to it's original location.
99% Persperation, 1% Inspiration

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25 2009 - 03:11PM »
I am glad that this legend has been put to RIP

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #6 on: Oct 26 2009 - 01:32AM »
I used to work at Mount Auburn cemetery in Stickney many years ago and I know from that experience those markers are H E A V Y!! What on earth would possess someone to try to lift ANY of the stones in Bachelor's Grove?
A thought just came to me..why doesn't the local township place some discreet cameras overlooking the cemetery? They can see in real time when hooligans are desicrating BG and get the police over there...and they might even catch some very interesting footage while they are at it....just a thought  cho

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #7 on: Oct 26 2009 - 02:38AM »
JP - First, you'd need to find a power source for them that is low maintenance... Solar doesn't generate enough power with the tree canopies, batteries would wear out too fast, and it'd be uber foolish to run any sort of power line or generator nearby... People can't help but spraypaint the stones, what do think would happen with electronics?

Which leads to the second part, the stuff would get stolen within a week, guaranteed.

As for people moving stones, alcohol & drugs + groups of people who simply don't care = disrespect. Most of the stones from the Grove are in the pond. If people could move the Fulton stone, it'd be in the pond as well.

People think because the cemetery is abandoned that it becomes their playground... Foolish, but it's been going on for generations.
Loading Signature...

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #8 on: Oct 26 2009 - 11:23AM »
I see your point about the cameras..was just a little thought  :055confused:
It is still terribly amazing to me that these drunk fools would even consider trying to lift the markers!

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #9 on: Oct 26 2009 - 03:15PM »
Hey... On the board there's some sober fools who have tried to lift the markers... Ghost, Aten, and Myself tried to right a few of the markers once... Needless to say we didn't get very far.

So it would take at least 4 people to do any sort of real carnage to the stones. And you figure most stories involve people going there in groups of 4 or more, then it's completely plausible.

I'm sure there's a core group that does it repeatedly, just like the d-bags that paint the stones. I'm sure it's the same losers each time, just trying to get their kicks.
Loading Signature...

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #10 on: Oct 26 2009 - 07:34PM »
I wish we could raise enough money to purchase the cemetery and give those tormented souls peace
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com