Author Topic: Haunted Tunnel Pics  (Read 1318 times)

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
Haunted Tunnel Pics
« on: Nov 04 2009 - 04:14AM »
This is supposed to be the most haunted place within the county I live.  Usually if you read something about hauntings in Kentucky this will come up.  It is a haunted tunnel, in the woods, behind a trailer park I lived in when I was a kid.  The tunnel cuts through a hill and a stream runs through the tunnel, active train tracks go right above the tunnel; depending on how much it has rained the stream can be anywhere from raging to a slight trickle.  I don't think anyone really knows for sure what happened here or if it is just legends gotten out of control.  The most popular story seems to be that in the 60's a guy came down to this tunnel and hanged himself from the hook right at the tunnels entrance.  Other stories are that a guy was murdered and hanged from the hook, someone was hit on the tracks and their body rolled down to the tunnel, a drunk person fell asleep on the tracks and got hit, a mentally challenged kid fell in and drown after a bad storm, and anything else you can possibly imagine.  People claim to see a ghost still hanging from the hook, ghost walking in the tunnel, severed body parts floating down the stream, and of course every type of ghost noise imagineable in the tunnel.  I took these on Halloween, hope you enjoy. 

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
Re: Haunted Tunnel Pics
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04 2009 - 08:52AM »
Maybe you could go back in the local newspapers' archives and try to find a date and information about the tunnel and any tragic event that happened there? The tunnel definately draws the attention of local graffitti artists I see.
T H E  T R U T H  I S  O U T  T H E R E

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
Re: Haunted Tunnel Pics
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07 2009 - 07:01PM »
Thanks for the pictures and interesting legends.  Isn't it interesting how the stories evolve.  I agree how about checking out local paper archieves and see what you can find.