Author Topic: Disappearing House  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Whisney

• Mere Mortal
Disappearing House
« on: Nov 13 2009 - 01:45PM »
Sorry to disappoint if you are looking for a picture of it or something, but I am completely fascinated by this theory of the disappearing house.

If anyone has more info on it or personal experiences, I would love to read about them

Thanks!

Offline jfloydian

• Supreme Allied Commander
  • Apparition
  • You are forsaken.
Re: Disappearing House
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15 2009 - 09:38AM »
This fable dates back to the 1950s. Many people have claimed to see it. If you look hard enough you can find a photograph here and I have seen a video as well where people claim to have captured the image of a house in the forest. My grandmother went herself at night in the 50 at the peak of this story's popularity; nothing was found however, and this was at night time (when it was perfectly legal.)
You are forsaken.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
Re: Disappearing House
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16 2009 - 06:30PM »
The only pics that I found after scouring the net for them were some that you couldn't really tell if it was an illusion or not.  It definitely looked like there was a structure there in the woods but it wasn't a picture taken head on or anything. It was taken at an angle and there were trees and shrubs in front of the "structure" but it clearly looked as though there was the shape of a roof and a porch peaking thru the trees.  idk I wish I could find that same pic now.  At the time I figured I would be able to find it again and I didn't save it. I was in a hurry but that was about a year ago and haven't come across it again.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com