Author Topic: Question about microcassette recorder  (Read 1209 times)

Offline TheParasiticBandaid

• Mere Mortal
Question about microcassette recorder
« on: Nov 17 2009 - 12:46AM »
Hi I joined a way long time ago but this is my very first post. Sad isn't it? Anyway I have this really cool EVP I would like to share and see what you guys think but the problem is that it is on a micro cassette and I have no clue how to transfer it to the computer. I've googled this and I have had no luck so I was wondering if anybody here knows what I can do to turn my cassette recording into a digital file?

I hope this is the right section to post this question in if not I'm really sorry.  If its wrong Just tell me where to go and I'll post there instead

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
Re: Question about microcassette recorder
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17 2009 - 01:14AM »
Hrmm... Well, it all depends on if the MCR has a headphone jack, a 3.5mm port that's the same size as on MP3 players, laptops, desktops, etc. for headphones.

If it does, then you can try the steps here: http://www.bachelors-grove.com/bgf/index.php?topic=1829.msg11513#msg11513

If not, then it'll be trickier... Let me know if it doesn't have a 3.5mm port, or if the above steps don't work.
Loading Signature...

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21 2009 - 06:11PM »
yea I'm afraid it doesn't have a head phone jack :(  it has a really small hole for something but im not sure what would fit it.

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21 2009 - 06:35PM »
I'm not sure of any micro-cassette to digital converters out there... So you'll have to hook up a microphone to the computer's sound card, position the microphone over the MCRs speaker, and then record on the computer as you playback the tape...

It'll be a long, painfully tedious process, but with older technology it's sometimes the only way.
Loading Signature...

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21 2009 - 06:42PM »
ah i was thinking about that.  i have a headset microphone and i have a digital recorder... could i record into the digital recorder and then just transfer it?  i'll try both ways lol i think its gonna distort though,  i have to buy a cleaning tape too my cassette recorder is dirty and distorts the sounds :(  ill try that though thanks

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21 2009 - 07:50PM »
If you have the spare change, you can find a MCR that has a headphone port, and then just transfer the tape... But if your head is dirty, it's going to have an effect on your recording as well as playback.
Loading Signature...