Author Topic: Infrared Question  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Steve Abrams

• UFO Hunter
    • Ghostly Times
Infrared Question
« on: Jan 30 2011 - 11:01AM »
I was on an paranormal investigation and was taking a series of pictures with my digital IR camera. I was using an IR illuminator at the time. 2 of the pictures had reddish tint to them.  I've taken 500 to 600 pictures over several investigations with this camera. I've never had a reddish tint before. Any idea what can cause it?
There is no such thing as ghosts. They are flying saucer aliens, using their cloak of invisibility to screw with our minds.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: Infrared Question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30 2011 - 11:08AM »
I was on an paranormal investigation and was taking a series of pictures with my digital IR camera. I was using an IR illuminator at the time. 2 of the pictures had reddish tint to them.  I've taken 500 to 600 pictures over several investigations with this camera. I've never had a reddish tint before. Any idea what can cause it?

Do you mean a true IR camera that films in IR (black and white looking)  Or do you men a normal camera that has led emitters to see at night.  A true IR camera looks red in till you adjust your white balance, however that would be ever picture not just one.  A normal night vision camera will only show red in a picture if there is red in the field of view?

So, either way, I don't have a clue of why you would have red in two pictures?

Below are examples of both.  The first is a true IR camera before the white balance is adjusted, and the second is a normal camera with night shot with a red flashlight on.
« Last Edit: Jan 30 2011 - 11:29AM by Ghost1 »
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.