Author Topic: Bachelors grove baseball card?  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Bachelors grove baseball card?
« on: Mar 01 2011 - 10:42PM »
I just got this message from one of our members, Demon666.  He tell me that Tops cards is about to release a Bachelors grove card?  Pretty weird, but yet cool!

http://www.beckett.com/news/2011/02/first-look-2011-topps-allen-ginter-baseball-cards/

As you may know I collect baseball cards and this brand of topps cards   has different insert sets and this year it has an "uninvited Guests"   insert set.  Here is the link to the article.  The bachelor's grove card   is the last picture. 
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
Re: Bachelors grove baseball card?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02 2011 - 12:25AM »
That is cool.  I guess not being a collector of baseball cards I am not sure how a cemetery fits in though.

Offline Steve Abrams

• UFO Hunter
    • Ghostly Times
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02 2011 - 10:17AM »
You could have your own cards made. There are several companies that do it on line. When I was into Cowboy Shooting, some people had cards made up as wanted posters with their pictures on it. They traded them like BB cards or used them for business cards.

For a short while I thought og getting one as handouts BBQ Contests. Got pens instead. They were cheaper. :Y:
There is no such thing as ghosts. They are flying saucer aliens, using their cloak of invisibility to screw with our minds.

Offline demons666

• Ghost Hunter
    • I Am Awesome
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05 2011 - 10:30AM »
Here is some history about the Allen & Ginter Cards:

In 1875, Allen & Ginter produced the first cards, commonly referred to as “baseball cards”, featuring hand painted portraits of elite sports players. Although baseball was the most common sport showcased, Allen & Ginter opened the eyes of the world to other sports as well. They even produced non-athletic cards of Indian Chiefs, Actors/Actresses, and US Presidents. In 2007, Topps decided to bring the historic trading cards back into circulation.

I plan on picking up some of the cards for board members and also the other cards in the "Uninvited Guests" Set if the price is right.  These cards are a special insert which can make these cards rare and pricey at times due to Set Collectors gobbling these up.  Ill keep you updated on the other cards in the set when I get more info.   These are coming out in Mid July. 

« Last Edit: Mar 05 2011 - 10:33AM by demons666 »
Go White Sox