BACHELOR'S GROVE CEMETERY > Bachelor's Grove trip pictures & discussions

Other old cemeteries in the Tinley/Orland area?

(1/2) > >>

MarkMc1990:
Here's some I have always been curious to check out:
-German Methodist Cemetery – 171st  & 84th Tinley Park. I could pretty much walk to this one. I'm not sure how old it is, but I swear I recall seeing a sign that said it was established in the 1850's.
-Old German Methodist Cemetery – Harlem & Wheeler Dr. This one intrigues me as I can hardly find any pictures of it, and the name implies it is even older than the one above. I tried looking at it on Google maps but the cemetery must be very small. Has anyone been to it?
-Christ Lutheran Cemetery – 151st and 82nd  Orland Park -- Established 1906? Used to pass this on the way to Moraine Valley when I was taking a class over the summer
-Trinity Lutheran Cemetery – 159th & Oak Park  Ave Tinley Park -- This one looks pretty creepy as well and I bet it's got some old graves.
-St. Michael Catholic Cemetery – 159th next to  Sandbox preschool

Can anyone name any others that are worth checking out?

ixex:

St. James at Sag Bridge Church and Cemetery

MarkMc1990:
I was there a couple years ago on a beautiful Spring morning...beautiful place. We didn't go in the Church though because we didn't know if it was open, nor did we want to interrupt mass.

Ghost1:
I know of all of those and have driving by them all 1000's of times...however I've never stopped at any of them ever.

There all old church cemeteries, and some look quite old.  I think I'll add them all to my "to do" list, after all I was born and raised in Orland, there part of my hometown history.

MarkMc1990:
Ghost, I love how in touch you are with your desire to learn about your hometown's history. I'm much the same way. Please, if you go, take lots of pics and try to find the oldest grave in each!

By the way, I can't help but feel like I'm forgetting one that I pass by quite often, and it's driving me nuts. I feel like there is one on the way to Orland Square Mall (perhaps on 94th? cho ). I wanna say it's smaller and has a green wrought iron fence, but maybe I'm just thinking of one of the ones I already listed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version