Author Topic: Vacation Ghost  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Vacation Ghost
« on: Feb 18 2008 - 08:15PM »
These two photos were taken in 1988 at the Hotel Vierjahreszeiten in Maurach, Austria. Several vacationers gathered for a farewell party at the hotel and decided to take a group photo. One of the party, Mr. Todd, set up is Canon film camera on a nearby table and pointed it at the group. (The table is the white band at the bottom of the photos.) He set the self-timer on the camera and hurried back to the table. The shutter clicked and the film wound forward, but the flash did not fire. So Todd set the camera for a second shot. This time the flash fired. [float=left][/float] The film was later developed, and it wasn't until one of party members was viewing the photos that it was noticed that the first (non-flash) photo showed a somewhat blurry extra head! (In the sequence above, the second (flash) photo is actually shown first for the sake of comparison.) No one recognized the ghostly woman, and they could not imagine how her image appeared in the picture. Besides being a bit out of focus, the woman's head is also too large compared to the other vacationers, unless she is sitting closer to the camera, which would put her in the middle of the table.

The photo was examined by the Royal Photographic Society, the photographic department of Leicester University, and the Society for Psychical Research, all of which ruled out a double exposure as the cause.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
Re: Vacation Ghost
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20 2008 - 07:09AM »
Cool!! That lady looks as though she is sitting on the table from her shoulders up. I'm curious if anyone got in touch with the resturaunt to find out if any other phenomenon has ever been reported.  That would have been nice to know. But this is a very cool photo.  =D>
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20 2008 - 08:31AM »
Yeah, I thought it was a strange one too, and the fact that no one felt or saw anything....she was pretty close to them.  I would have got a hold of the place too, to see if this has happened to other people?  cho
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20 2008 - 07:46PM »
you guys are right.  I would also be talking to that place.  Has there ever been experiences before?  Do they recognize the woman? Things like that.

real cool picture though. 

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23 2008 - 03:19PM »
that pic is interesting
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 23 2008 - 09:44AM »
heheh .... funny thing just happened. I didn't realize that the photo would toggle the way it does and I looked away for a sec and looked back and the lady was gone. I know it's stupid but for a sec I got excited and thought the pic itself was paranormal. Then I realized it was just some more of Ghost1's computer magic..  che
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #6 on: May 01 2008 - 11:01PM »
heheh .... funny thing just happened. I didn't realize that the photo would toggle the way it does and I looked away for a sec and looked back and the lady was gone. I know it's stupid but for a sec I got excited and thought the pic itself was paranormal. Then I realized it was just some more of Ghost1's computer magic..  che
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!  che che che
Heather & Maggie