Author Topic: The Old Man Who Was Not There  (Read 4254 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
The Old Man Who Was Not There
« on: Feb 27 2008 - 07:25PM »
The Old Man Who Was Not There

by Jannice Fadely

I am 58 now. When I was in my 20s I lived in San Francisco CA. My mom and I went regularly to the best occult book store I have ever come across. I had been going there for about three years when I and my mom had the most unusual experience there. I do not know how the conversation started with the Old Man who was working there. I spent over two hours talking to him with my mom right next to me listening to him too. He was fascinating to listen to. My mom and I both asked him [float=left][/float] questions and he would explain in detail what we wanted to know.. He knew so much. He explained a lot of paranormal theory to me, heavy duty stuff. He would go into the back room and bring out books for me to read. Incredible books! Huge books!
Every so often the owner would go behind the counter next to the old man to ring up a sale. She was elbow to elbow with him. The old man took me and my mom around the book store showing us books that would help me in my studies. I wrote a check for about $200 for the books I bought. My mom wrote a check for the books she bought. He rang them up on the till. I was overjoyed with what I had learned. As soon as I was off work the next day my mom and I went back to the book store. I was very excited about talking to him again. Excited is putting it mildly. We looked all around for the old man. He was not there. When my mom and I could not find him we went over to the owner and I asked her when the old man would be working again. She looked at me and asked ' what old man?' My mom and I told her about the old man who had been working there the night before. We both showed her our checkbooks showing our purchases from the night before as proof of talking to him. The wonderful oldman spent two hours with us. Showed us special magical texts. Sold us books...but wasn't there. She said there had not been an old man working there the night before or any other night. She would not believe us at all. The owner of the store thought we were nuts after that. We had the proof. My mom and I both saw and talked to him. The books were at home. The check cleared the bank. An old man who was not there taught me for over two hours. If it had been just me and no check and no books I would not have believed it myself. In a way it was a crash course in heavy duty occult theory. I have never come across again the books that he brought out of the back room. Reality was adjusted somehow that night. We saw everyone in the store but we also saw someone who no one else could see. To us it was like every other night. We had no idea at all that he was not visible to anyone else until the next night when we went back to talk to him again. He was as real as anyone else, just not visible to them. Reality as generally perceived does not exist. We only see part of reality most of the time. Ninety percent of the universe is invisible to us. It is out of phase with the visible part of the universe. With training a person can see into the invisible ninety percent of the universe. For some people it just comes naturally. To say someone just imagined contact with aliens is not accurate. They are as real as we are. They can adjust the reality around a person but it is not an illusion. It is real.

http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0208/oldman.html
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
Re: The Old Man Who Was Not There
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27 2008 - 07:29PM »
That is a great story Ghost.  Where did you find it?

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27 2008 - 07:35PM »
That is a great story Ghost.  Where did you find it?

Whoops, I forgot to put the link.  I found it on UFO Digest

Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27 2008 - 07:40PM »
That is really a great story. 

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27 2008 - 07:42PM »
That is really a great story. 

Yes, I thought it was too.  I guess that's why I forgot the link....I was in such a hurry to post it.
I love to hear stories like that! 
  :Y:

You have to wonder how often something like that happens, and no one is ever the wiser?  Did he sell books or talk with anyone else, perhaps a person that never came back in the store to find he was never there  Qu
Very, very cool story!

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #5 on: Feb 29 2008 - 10:15PM »
What a wonderful story =D> =D> =D>
Heather & Maggie

Offline Spirit Chaser

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01 2008 - 07:45PM »
What a excellent story  :Y:   I agree with you to Ghost1, you have to wonder if other people had contact with him too and never new a thing?

Offline Darkone

• Apparition
  • RIP
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01 2008 - 08:40PM »
What a great story, buying books on the paranormal from a ghost!   =D>

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 08 2008 - 03:29PM »
Great Story Ghost!!! I bet that it happens a whole lot more than anyone realizes! I would love to have an experience like that and find out about it.  Great find Ghost1!

=D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #9 on: Mar 08 2008 - 10:56PM »
That is freaky to say the least
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13 2009 - 10:46PM »
BUMP     BUMP     BUMP

BUMP,  this is a great story.  I bumped it up for all the new members   :Y:

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #11 on: Jan 14 2009 - 09:04PM »
That is a great story Ghost.  I am glad you bumped it up again. 

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #12 on: Jan 15 2009 - 03:46PM »
Very cool story! Thank you for bumping it! I hadn't seen this one. :Y:
~Marion
There seems to be an alien pubic hair in my drink!

Offline Casper

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16 2009 - 11:18AM »
This a a totally cool story, I wonder how many people he spoke with?

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #14 on: Feb 08 2009 - 06:47PM »
I'm so glad that you bumped this again Ghost1.  :Y:
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com