Author Topic: The Amityville ghost  (Read 4468 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
The Amityville ghost
« on: May 02 2008 - 10:47AM »
Here is a older picture that's been around, however It's never been posted in here.  See what you think of it, I think it's a great picture and it looks just like the boy on the right in the third picture.

I found this on GhostStudy.

The first time that picture was shown was on the Merv Griffin show back in 1979. It was discovered 3 years after it was taken. Gene Campbell, who was a professional photographer, was brought into the house in 1976 when the Warrens went in with their team. He set up an automatic camera on the 2nd floor landing that shot off infrared film, black and white, throughout the night. There are literally rolls of film with nothing on them. There's only one picture of the little boy. In 1979, I was putting together a book that has yet to be published that included the photographs. The secretary I had at the time was about eight months pregnant. We had dozens of these pictures to choose from that didn't have the boy, and she asked me: "Which one should we put in the book?" I told her to just pick one. She came running back into my office about 5 minutes later saying that every time she picked up the photograph with the boy, the baby kicked her. We then asked my kids if they knew who this was. Missy said it was the little boy she used to play with in the house. I then called the Warrens and the photographer and let them know about the picture."
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Darkone

• Apparition
  • RIP
Re: The Amityville ghost
« Reply #1 on: May 03 2008 - 10:28AM »
That is a great picture, I believe that this one was never able to be debunked too if I remember right!  It does look just like the child on the right.  ter

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #2 on: May 04 2008 - 01:26AM »
Great picture.   As always another good find.  I must say it looks pretty legitimate

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #3 on: May 14 2008 - 10:56AM »
That is a great picture, I believe that this one was never able to be debunked too if I remember right!  It does look just like the child on the right.  ter

LOL  Hey Darkone.... I actually thought that it looked just like the boy on the left...hehe. I guess that shows just how differently ppl can percieve something. 
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline veganrichy

• Ghost Hunter
  • It's funny!
    • my myspace page
« Reply #4 on: May 14 2008 - 03:15PM »
 =D> Wow, that's pretty incredible actually. I got done reading John B. Kachuba's book called Ghost Hunters, and it stated that the Warrens where the only paranormal people in there and that they got pictures. The pictures that where taken, where apparently never released or something? I don't know, I might have (by accident) read it wrong some place.
Hey there one in a million

Offline BobbyBuka

• * Banned *
  • Mere Mortal
« Reply #5 on: May 14 2008 - 03:42PM »
It was after the Lutz family fled the house, but apparently they still had legal possession of it...Ed and Lorraine Warren, along with several local reporters, camera crews and some other people (all the participants slip my mind, right now - but I used to have quite an interest in Amityville) had an "investigation" of the house...

While it was the Warrens who were basically "in charge" of the whole thing, they turned over all of the photographs and any results of "the investigation" to George Lutz because he was still the "legal owner" (or legal occupant) of the house....

So the claim made by Mr. Lutz was that he honestly didn't know what was in that picture for years - he just had all of the photographs stored in an old shoe box.  He had looked everything over when the Warrens first gave him the pictures, but he must not have noticed that one....so years later, George Lutz is just going through these old pictures and he notices that one!

Ghost1 - the real George Lutz died a couple years ago now, but I know before his death - he didn't allow any website to post that picture....he actually sued people who would post that picture online because he alone "owned the copyright" on it.  I have no idea if the picture became "public domain" when Mr. Lutz died, but I'd be worried that it is still owned by his estate...you might want to reconsider posting it here.

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #6 on: May 14 2008 - 11:19PM »
WOW ter
Heather & Maggie

Offline veganrichy

• Ghost Hunter
  • It's funny!
    • my myspace page
« Reply #7 on: May 15 2008 - 01:23PM »
It was after the Lutz family fled the house, but apparently they still had legal possession of it...Ed and Lorraine Warren, along with several local reporters, camera crews and some other people (all the participants slip my mind, right now - but I used to have quite an interest in Amityville) had an "investigation" of the house...

While it was the Warrens who were basically "in charge" of the whole thing, they turned over all of the photographs and any results of "the investigation" to George Lutz because he was still the "legal owner" (or legal occupant) of the house....

So the claim made by Mr. Lutz was that he honestly didn't know what was in that picture for years - he just had all of the photographs stored in an old shoe box.  He had looked everything over when the Warrens first gave him the pictures, but he must not have noticed that one....so years later, George Lutz is just going through these old pictures and he notices that one!

Ghost1 - the real George Lutz died a couple years ago now, but I know before his death - he didn't allow any website to post that picture....he actually sued people who would post that picture online because he alone "owned the copyright" on it.  I have no idea if the picture became "public domain" when Mr. Lutz died, but I'd be worried that it is still owned by his estate...you might want to reconsider posting it here.

Oh? I didn't know he had the photographs at all! If they are copyrighted, oh man that would be terrible actually. But the odds of some one finding this forum? I don't know--it could be possible. Now, in speculation to that amityville case, did people really die in the house? I mean, I read it in this guy's book, and I read it online that it was a fabled story.
Hey there one in a million

Offline BobbyBuka

• * Banned *
  • Mere Mortal
« Reply #8 on: May 15 2008 - 01:47PM »
It is absolutely fact that Ronald DeFeo, Jr is still in prison today for murdering his father, mother, 2 younger brothers and 2 younger sisters in that house in Amityville on November 13th, 1974.

His version of the events has changed over the years - so the only "factual' way to say it is that it's true that Ronald DeFeo, Jr was convicted of those murders and is still in prison for them today.

"The Amityville Horror" doesn't refer to those murders, however, it refers to "The Lutz Family" (George Lutz, his wife, Kathy, and her 3 young children by a previous relationship whom George Lutz adopted) who may or may not have moved into that house a year later.....

There is an awful lot of "contradictions" - "accusations" - "implications" and more about the events that came to be known as "The Amityville Horror"......a few years ago, I became "online friends" with one of the "children" (now a grown man probably around 40 years old) and I just found him to be a really fascinating person!

He was giving interviews for a while - here, this story was published on Sunday, May 8th, 2005 - and Christopher never had any problem at all with this being reprinted anywhere. (I think you can find tv interviews that he had given at the time on YouTube, too)

Ex-resident of house debunks much of Amityville "horror"

As a child living in the house made famous by "The Amityville Horror," he saw a menacing, shadowy figure approach him, and he remembers the night his bedroom window kept banging open and shut.

But forget the green slime dripping from the walls: Many of the events in "The Amityville Horror" books and movies were exaggerated to the point of fiction, said Christopher Quaratino, the only one of three children who lived in the allegedly haunted house to speak publicly about it.

"So far there's been three representations of what happened in that house," Quaratino said. "And not one of them" — not the book, not the movie, nor a remake released last month — "is accurate."

Quaratino was 7 when his mother, Kathy Lutz, and her new husband moved the family into the Amityville, N.Y., house where Ronald DeFeo had killed six family members with a rifle the previous fall. The family moved out after 28 days.

Now 37 and living in Scottsdale, Ariz., Quaratino maintains the haunting was not a hoax. But he insists his stepfather at the time, George Lutz, brought the troubles on himself by dabbling in the occult and then amplified what paranormal incidents did occur to profit off books and movies about the house.

"He's a professional showman, in my opinion," Quaratino said of Lutz, whom he said he clashed with many times before leaving home at 16. "I just feel as though we're being exploited."

Lutz sued his former stepson in Nevada district court in 2003 over what Quaratino said are allegations of trademark infringement and fraud relating to a future Amityville movie planned by Lutz. The case is open; a counterclaim filed by Quaratino was dismissed in January.

Lutz, 58, who lives in Las Vegas, did not return calls seeking comment. He and Kathy Lutz, who died last year, divorced in 1988.

Quaratino's brother, Daniel Lutz, did not return a call seeking comment. His sister, Melissa, could not be located.

According to Quaratino, when the family moved into the house in 1975, George Lutz was "extremely curious of everything paranormal" and tried to summon supernatural beings by chanting.

"I don't know that I'd call it black magic, but it was ... a way to call up spirits," he said.

Some of the alleged incidents detailed in "The Amityville Horror" book — such as unseen forces ripping the front door from its hinges — never occurred, Quaratino said.

But he insists he did have run-ins with the paranormal, including the time he saw a presence "as definite as a shadow" in the shape of a man that moved toward him and then dissipated.

Quaratino said he wants to set the record straight from Lutz's version. "He points his finger at the house and says there's something evil there," he said. "Fingers should be pointed at what he had done. ... He's a perpetrator and an instigator."

Offline BobbyBuka

• * Banned *
  • Mere Mortal
« Reply #9 on: May 15 2008 - 03:09PM »
well....more than half of it was just copying and pasting that old story about Christopher...but thank you, Steve!!!!

and shouldn't you be working?

(and shouldn't I be working?)

[fly]YES, get to work you two!    :*:[/fly]

Ghost1 was here.

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #10 on: May 15 2008 - 05:35PM »
I agree with Steve =D>  Great info Bobby! =D>

NOW GET BACK TO WORK LOL
Heather & Maggie

Offline BobbyBuka

• * Banned *
  • Mere Mortal
« Reply #11 on: May 15 2008 - 09:27PM »
the greatest "perk" ever introduced into the American workforce....INTERNET ACCESS ON THE JOB!!!!!

Thanks, you guys!

Offline BobbyBuka

• * Banned *
  • Mere Mortal
« Reply #12 on: May 16 2008 - 10:49AM »
ok then - just to get back to some of the things that Christopher Quaratino told me about "The Amityville Horror"....

Have any of you read the original book recently enough to still remember the details?

The book is "laid out" as sort of a diary - it's not really "chapters" it's sections that are titled "Day 1" - "Day 2" - "Day 3" and so on....describing the entire "28 DAYS OF TERROR" that the Lutz family experienced in the house where the DeFeo family had been murdered a year before....

Except Christopher remembers it like he, himself, didn't spend more than a week actually "sleeping over" at that house.  His grandmother (Kathy Lutz's mother) lived right in the same area and Christopher remembers it that his family was basically "living with Grandma" at that time....he very clearly does remember the Amityville Horror house, though. 

And that little kid was scared out of head at that house!

That article mentions the windows in his bedroom opening and slamming all by themselves all night...and they mention Christopher's recollection of what I now know would be called a "shadow person" - but the book (and the movies) never described it the way that Christopher remembered it.  He remembers George Lutz doing a lot of "chanting" and performing "rituals and ceremonies" and then that large "shadow person" appearing and George Lutz himself forcing the kids to look at it!

As an adult, Christopher looked back on those events from his childhood and decided what REALLY HAPPENED was that George Lutz somehow got "occupancy" of that house for a while (it's still debatable if Lutz owned it or not) - and George Lutz's only interest in the house was the fact that the DeFeo family had been murdered there. He needed the site of a horrible tragedy like the DeFeo murders because George Lutz had a plan to actually "contact" (or raise or whatever) some sort of "paranormal entity" and cash in on it with books, movies, publicity, etc.

If Christopher is correct, George Lutz's plan actually worked pretty well - but I can't really say that I feel sorry for him in any way....I just feel bad for those kids.

Offline Darkone

• Apparition
  • RIP
« Reply #13 on: May 16 2008 - 11:04AM »
ok then - just to get back to some of the things that Christopher Quaratino told me about "The Amityville Horror"....

You know Christopher Quaratino personally?  If so, what a wonderful inside source.  All I know about The Amityville Story is what I've seen in the movies and TV, I'm not much of a book person myself.

Thanks for all the info on the story so far, It's way more then I ever new (or remembered).

Offline BobbyBuka

• * Banned *
  • Mere Mortal
« Reply #14 on: May 16 2008 - 01:35PM »
we never "met in real life" - only "talked" online, but for a while we were emailing each other like every day!

I was trying to talk him into writing his own book, and I hope that's what he's doing right now, but I haven't heard from him in about 2 years.  It honestly was just fascinating communicating with this guy, though!  I really hope he's ok where-ever he is!