Author Topic: Orb at Algonquin Cemetery  (Read 3720 times)

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
Re: Orb at Algonquin Cemetery
« Reply #15 on: Nov 03 2008 - 08:49AM »
My friend Mary and I went to Algonquin yesterday.

I am a bit freaked out to come here and read the posts about the rapist/murderers location.  We had no idea where he was supposed to be, and could not find any headstones surrounded by stones.  BUT, we went just a bit into the woods (a bit = about 6 feet past the tree line) and there was a little clearing that had a path leading off of it headed east.  That clearing was very strange.  It felt a bit colder than the rest of the area, and there were strange noises that we couldn't figure out.  For about 5 minutes we stood there talking about how it sound like light rain all around us, but it was a clearing so there were no dense trees over our heads and neither of us ever felt a speck of moisture coming down.  We figured we were not in the right place so we left and went back towards the southeast corner, thinking he must be there, but no dice.  Is there a headstone, or just a circle of rocks?  Maybe it was hidden by all the leaves that have fallen?  We were disappointed that we didn't find the site, but it looks like we did and just didn't know it....

It was kind of neat too... we ended up heading way down the hill to the big clearing through the woods, because it looked like there were huge trees that had been seriously charred, and I couldn't resist going down there, if there are woods available, by gosh I'm going in!  It looks like someone had a HUGE bonfire there recently.  And that someone has built a lot of paintball blinds out of the broken rock, tires, car hoods, etc.... it's a neat place!

Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #16 on: Nov 03 2008 - 02:52PM »
The SouthWest corner right behond the costume shop is where the gravestone is and the rocks surroundingg it are embedded in the groud at ground level.  So when you turn on to the road to go to the cemetary......... immediately to your right (turning off 31) closest to the tree line is where the rapist's grave is. 

It is a creepy place over by that grave.

Gina's hubby saw a full apparition closer to where you park as well. Qu
Heather & Maggie

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #17 on: Nov 03 2008 - 03:23PM »
What is the name on the gravestone?
Man, we scoured the place, and didn't find anything :(

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #18 on: Nov 03 2008 - 04:12PM »
What is the name on the gravestone?
Man, we scoured the place, and didn't find anything :(
I Don't know.  I got breathed on when I was over by it so I took off in the other direction ter
Heather & Maggie

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #19 on: Nov 03 2008 - 04:51PM »
:)  You're smarter than I am!  We were all creeped out with the rain that wasn't rain and coldness and whatnot, decided to leave the spot, and about 5 minutes later I had to go back.