Author Topic: Non-human entities  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Non-human entities
« on: Jul 19 2008 - 03:07PM »
Here is a interesting story I found at Paranormal Phenomena about non-human entities......or The "Wee Folk"

Often as a paranormal investigator I’m asked if anything can follow me or anyone on my team home. In all honesty I have to answer yes, there are situations where something can follow somebody home from an haunted residence. It’s not as bad as it sounds, but all paranormal investigators must keep in mind that a little bit of the astral world can always come home with them and stay for a spell. So what follows us home? Is it a ghost, spirit or Great Aunt Thelma from beyond the grave? Chances are what’s been tracked into our private sanctuary is what I dub an “astral critter”.

I’m not sure what exactly to call these beings. Some call them elementals, others the “wee folk”. We know them in folklore as elves, fairies or goblins, but chances are they are all basically the same thing; non-human entities attach themselves to us and attempt to make themselves at home until they choose to leave, have to leave or we make them leave.

So what’s the theory behind these astral critters? I’m no expert, but I can offer my opinion of what they are, why they attach themselves to us and what we need to do to get rid of them. Keep in mind these are usually non-human entities, and theyre more of an annoyance than a threat. However, sometimes they can cause some havoc. This is how I believe we take them home.

Often a haunted residence has a “portal” somewhere on the property. This portal is how the astral beings enter and exit the spirit plane into the physical plane. Usually these are ghosts, which are generally confines to the area and don’t leave. However, nothing is stopping other astral beings from entering the physical plane from the astral. If there is a smaller hole, chances are there are smaller astral beings. Most haunted places have a portal that can expel these smaller beings. They have personalities, but usually they are bent on mischief or fascination with our world. It’s possible they find some fascination with a team member, perhaps due to the cool gadget the team member is using and there’s an attraction. Bang! Like a little kid with a new toy, the critter attaches itself to the unknowing paranormal investigator. The Investigator goes home and that’s when the real strange stuff happens:

First, the TV starts acting up, screen bouncing maybe, or the cordless phone dies with no plausible explanation. Appliances in the kitchen start up or turn off. Things start falling off shelves, and strange knocks or noises occur. The family cat is terrorized by something it sees, but no one else can see it. The docile feline becomes outrageously skiddish. The dog barks at air, and whines. Then the homeowner, confused about what’s going on in the home starts seeing it himself. Rarely directly, but in the corner of the eye. It’s about three feet tall, and usually green or brown. As soon at you glance at it, it takes off somewhere else. Rarely will it directly interact or attempt to harm a person, but it certainly can be really annoying after awhile, and it soon wears out its welcome.

Does this sound familiar? Many of us had these things happen after an investigation. It’s an astral critter, it followed you home, and now you have a choice. You can either get rid of it or keep it as an exotic pet, which I don’t recommend.

In the old days when people were more superstitious these critters had characteristics that gave them a more defined appearance, wings, hats, vests, possible a tail. They’re usually seen looking somewhat like humans, an appear both male and female. Chances are these are all put on the creatures by the seers to make more sense of they were seeing. People also lived with these beings, offering them food and wine, and making sure they didn’t anger them and lose their crops. They were common seen in farms and woods, and were seen as nature spirits or even home guardians. People in Ireland, Iona, and the Isle of Man still see them commonly.
But in the year 2002, can we really believe in these creatures? Sure, much of the stories were myth, but I cant tell you how often I heard stories about these critters, and witnessed them myself. Is it that hard to believe in lower astral forms?

Anyway, how would you get rid of these creatures? The good news is that they usually leave on their own within a week. Sometimes they don’t leave, and that’s when some action needs to be taken to get rid of it. Here are some suggestions from folklore that still work today:

-Placing some pepper and vinegar in a dish can deter them.
-Ring a loud bell throughout the home, it usually makes them leave.
-Keep a piece on iron on you, just a small piece. Folklore says they don’t like it.
-Just tell it to leave, and it often does.
-use sage to cleanse your living area.
-Say a prayer to get rid of it. In the Catholic tradition, Saints Michael and Barbara can remove it.
Finally, put chimes on your door, do it wont return.

Astral critters can be annoying and a little scary, but are relatively harmless. Let it know who’s boss and it should hit the road. In this day and age, we still need to be on our guard against and mischievous and negative entities. As many paranormal investigators know, soon or later you’ll come home from an investigation, and you know without a doubt something’s right, and chances are its an astral critter, and you’ll know how to get rid of it. Good luck!

By Al Tyas, 
http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/articles/general/astralcritters.html
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
Re: Non-human entities
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19 2008 - 06:48PM »
That's weird! After I visited Clements cemetery and took those pics, I thought I saw something weird in my rearview mirror in my backseat on the drive home. It was tan colored like a deer with huge ears. I only saw it for a split second, thought nothing of it. For the next few days at home things were misplaced, light bulbs were burning out and 2 fuses blew. It stopped after a few days, thank goodness!

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
Re: Non-human entities
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20 2008 - 10:23AM »
That's a cool story Ghostlight! I'm so glad that you posted this Ghost1. I wondered if there were had been any recent sightings of elementals here in the states cause you don't hear about them much. The youtube videos of the "wee people" are getting really popular but it's a little hard to take most youtube videos seriously any more since everyone is trying so hard to make fun of us ghost hunters. 

I'm not sure what I would do but I think that if the little guy was only mischievous I would be one of the ones that would feed him and pet him and take care of him....lol  But now I heard no mention of the more serious business of demons following you home. And I have heard or seen enough stories to believe that demons can and will follow you home if you don't protect yourself and they aren't just mischievous as we all know. Even if they just make you feel bad and have horrible visions it's bad enough but for an unstable person my own personal belief is that they could actually turn a grudge or some bitterness in the heart into a full fledged need to kill or maim.  And from what I've heard even the smells that they cause are more than I would ever want to experience! But you know, if we would all just turn and say a prayer to whatever faith or higher power that we know then we wouldn't have to worry much about that. And if you do not have any belief system at least turn and say "you are not allowed to go with me. I am leaving and you must stay here". What can it hurt...and it might just save you a lot of misery.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com