Author Topic: St Valentines Massacre  (Read 402 times)

Offline motherchucker

• Mere Mortal
St Valentines Massacre
« on: Jul 31 2008 - 07:56PM »
Ok IF it doesn't work Ghost can you tell me what you did? :)

Ok so we did a ghost tour one night and made a quick stop at the St. Valentines Day Massacre site.  The guide told us stories of people hearing gunshots of that awful night along with the dog that supposedly tied to a truck right outside the warehouse during the shootings.  Other stories say that people walking their dogs past this spot ten d to get a little out of hand, barking, and staring in the spot where this mob war happened.

This is what I caught.
?Why So Serious?

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: St Valentines Massacre
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31 2008 - 08:01PM »
It sounds like you got a pretty clear gun shot.    :Y:
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #2 on: Jul 31 2008 - 08:07PM »
WOW !!!! that is amazing.  Did anyone else on the trip catch that also?

Offline motherchucker

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31 2008 - 09:05PM »
No, now here's the weird thing I also had my video camera on at the same time and it didn't catch it either. I'll tell you though my jaw hit the ground when I listened to it afterwards.
?Why So Serious?

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 03 2008 - 06:41PM »
No, now here's the weird thing I also had my video camera on at the same time and it didn't catch it either. I'll tell you though my jaw hit the ground when I listened to it afterwards.

Yeah....I'll bet it did! That's amazing once again!
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Fredfilms

« Reply #5 on: Oct 01 2008 - 04:08PM »
Wow that's freaking amazing.  I had an experience with what may have been a phantom gunshot and only wished I had my camera on.  you can read about it at https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=3044070059581379690&postID=7801975377015324203      Great catch man!! =D>  Did you have to do anything to the audio like change pitch? It's really hard to make out the voices on the recording but that gunshot is clear as a bell.  Impressive, and teh fact that no one is heard reacting to it in the recording, that is possibly the best EVP, I've ever heard minus GHOSTHUNTERS.   bo

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #6 on: Oct 02 2008 - 11:31AM »
Sounds like a dog & a gunshot to me.
"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere

Offline motherchucker

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #7 on: Oct 02 2008 - 07:32PM »
Awesome! I thought I heard a dog too but didnt want to say that so I'm glad you heard it too.
Thanks everyone, it was quite a trip, and quite a bit of audio as well.
I didn't change anything from the recording that is how it is on the recorder, and as for the voices before the gunshot, those are my freinds who were with me, so nothing paranormal there.
Thanks Again for the comments.
?Why So Serious?

Offline adamselzer

• Ghost Hunter
  • from Weird Chicago Tours
    • Weird Chicago Blog
« Reply #8 on: Oct 13 2008 - 04:46PM »
Yep. Sounds like a gun shot.

The weird thing, though, is that shot guns weren't used in the massacre. The shooters used submachine guns.

I've heard about dogs going nuts there (the result of some sort of psychic energy left behind by Highball the German Shepherd) that I'm willing to believe it was true at one point, but I've seen hundreds of dogs go past that site without incident. 

It's a difficult site to do investigations, since it's such a high-traffic area. There're a lot of windows and headlights that tend to lead to orb shots, and always a lot of people coming and going. Two of the people in the senior apartments next door are always telling me there are ghosts, but one of them uses it as the intro to a sermon about judgement day, and the other guy is a mean old #%^ who's always sitting outside of the place, drunk as a skunk.

http://www.weirdchicagoblog.com
http://www.adamselzer.com

Check out my book: "Weird Chicago: Forgotten History, Strange Legends and Mysterious Hauntings" in stores now!
Coming in September from Llewellyn : "Your Neighborhood Gives Me the Creeps: True Tales of an Accidental Ghost Hunter"

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #9 on: Oct 14 2008 - 10:35AM »
ROTFL! Gotta love those locals!

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #10 on: Oct 14 2008 - 11:37AM »
Yep. Sounds like a gun shot.

The weird thing, though, is that shot guns weren't used in the massacre. The shooters used submachine guns.

Yes, that is what I thought too, but there is no doubt to me at least that this sounded like a gun shot.  And since no one responded to the sound of a shot in the group it couldn't have been a real gun.  You would have thought that you might have heard the rat-a-tat-tat of a Tommy gun.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline adamselzer

• Ghost Hunter
  • from Weird Chicago Tours
    • Weird Chicago Blog
« Reply #11 on: Oct 14 2008 - 12:07PM »
One thing to note is that the stories about the site being haunted didn't really start going around until after the building was torn down - coincidentally, this was around the time ghost tours first started being held in Chicago. It may be that many of the stories were made up by guides as an excuse to go there, since I can tell you for sure that LOTS of customers ask to see the place, whether it's haunted or not. The main ghost story before that involved Capone thinking he was being haunted by one of the victims, which was probably the syph talking.

We're on the record as saying that we don't really think the site is haunted - or, if it was, it doesn't seem to be anymore. The same goes for the alley where Dillinger (or the fall guy, depending on who you believe) was shot. We still go past them on tours, but rarely spend much time there. Like so many sites in the city, it's tough to do a decent investigation given all of the traffic that goes on around there. It's a pretty busy street, and the alleys back behind it are pretty busy day and night (though less so since the Clark Bar closed).

Then again, I don't have a good explanation for this audio file. I don't imagine that it's an echo from the massacre, since it's the wrong kind of gun. But there were SOME reports from the coroners that a couple of shotgun blasts were fired - if I remember right, one of them was used to blow out the brains of Reinhardt Scwhimmer (an optometrist who wanted to roll with the gangstas, but was really just white and nerdy).
http://www.weirdchicagoblog.com
http://www.adamselzer.com

Check out my book: "Weird Chicago: Forgotten History, Strange Legends and Mysterious Hauntings" in stores now!
Coming in September from Llewellyn : "Your Neighborhood Gives Me the Creeps: True Tales of an Accidental Ghost Hunter"

Offline motherchucker

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #12 on: Oct 14 2008 - 02:19PM »
I have read a couple articles about that fatal day and there are some reports that one person did have a shotgun!  If that's what I hear on the recorder (I challenge anyone to say I didn't) that's pretty damn amazing! The thing that blows my mind is that I had the video camera on as well and it didn't catch it? Pretty bizarre if you ask me.  But this will go in my bok as one of the clearest best evp's I have caught!
?Why So Serious?