Author Topic: The Villisca Axe Murder House  (Read 19368 times)

Offline motherchucker

• Mere Mortal
The Villisca Axe Murder House
« on: Aug 01 2008 - 05:09PM »
I heard about this a few months ago and wanted to know if anyone else heard/been to this place?  From the Evidence I've seen this place has it all. 

Heres a video from PRISM (Awesome guys had the chance to talk to them a bit in an old forum) Anyway they sent me a link to this video of EVP's THEY caught from this house.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Wh-lLRhmg

Heres a link if you wanna know more about this place.

http://www.prairieghosts.com/villisca.html
?Why So Serious?

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: The Villisca Axe Murder House
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01 2008 - 05:21PM »
Yeah, I've seen that before, I think it's in our video board somewhere...There so many, it's hard to find things sometimes.

They got some great EVP's on that investigation!  I would guess there would always be paranormal activity at a mass murder seen, people pass very sudden and they don't know what's going on.
  :Y:
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #2 on: Aug 01 2008 - 06:40PM »
WOW ter Those EVP's are so clear it sounds like it is real children in the room with the people.
Heather & Maggie

Offline motherchucker

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #3 on: Aug 01 2008 - 07:15PM »
Hey magpie thats only a taste of what this place has.  I suggest looking thru youtube and watching all the videos from this place.  My favorite video/story is the upstairs children's room closet door. This has been recorded by very valued people including Ursula Beilski, famous writer of ghost in chicago and many others.  This door will open and close on command.  That is where those EVP's were taken as well.  Very interesting place.
?Why So Serious?

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #4 on: Aug 01 2008 - 07:16PM »
Very imteresting.  Thanks for the suggestions. :Y:
Heather & Maggie

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 03 2008 - 02:50PM »
Hey magpie thats only a taste of what this place has.  I suggest looking thru youtube and watching all the videos from this place.  My favorite video/story is the upstairs children's room closet door. This has been recorded by very valued people including Ursula Beilski, famous writer of ghost in chicago and many others.  This door will open and close on command.  That is where those EVP's were taken as well.  Very interesting place.

I kinda was thinking that the investigator ask the entity to please close the door for her again and then they got this fabulous EVP of the children deciding who was going to do it this time. That's the impression that I get. Thanks for posting this video! I'm going to look for some more. Yeah I do remember the house and we do have a post on it some were in this forum.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Aug 03 2008 - 02:58PM »
Yep ....here it is. I wasn't sure that it was the same exact EVP's or not but it was actually the same exact Video...lol  Anyway I was happy to listen to it again and I wasn't aware that there were many others but now that you told me about them I will try to find them on youtube. Thanks!

http://www.bachelors-grove.com/bgf/index.php?topic=90.0
~Colleen~

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #7 on: Sep 08 2008 - 04:45PM »
It's hard to imagine that 8 people where all killed in such a tiny little house, you would think that someone could of got away.   I mean how do you quietly kill people with a axe, with that little house they would have had to wake up?   ter

Pictures by Midnight Man.  http://www.chasingmidnight.com
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #8 on: Sep 09 2008 - 01:36AM »
Before 50 yrs ago, things weren't readily documented. In the rural areas, even into the 1950's many people had no telephones, electricity or running water. People worked the fields hard and slept even harder. A scream in the night from a child inside of a house could go unheard. A dark clad murderer entering a house while the neighborhood slept could pass inconspicuously. Of course, a sleepy town in midwest America probably doesn't often see a crime like this, doesn't even know what to do.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Sep 09 2008 - 01:44PM »
Yeah I agree with what ghostlight said.  Everything that I have read about this family though talks about the fact that even thought they were not as rich as that guy that allegedly conspired with the killer to have them killed. They were still quite a prominent family. I have always been shocked to see what a small home they lived in. Even with the standards of the early 1900's. And by the 50's most ppl had electricity and running water.  This family was still going outside at dusk to use the outhouse. Most ppl had a slop jar for overnight but not because they were afraid of going outside but just bcause they didn't want to get outa bed n go outside were it was sometimes cold and dark.  I can even remember that my grandmother never ever locked her doors. They barely had locks on the doors and if they did it was those skeleton key locks that were almost useless. 
~Colleen~

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #10 on: Sep 11 2008 - 12:11AM »
Check out the evp we caught in the children's bedroom closet. No one was upstairs at the time.
~Marion
There seems to be an alien pubic hair in my drink!

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: Sep 11 2008 - 11:54AM »
Marion that's awesome since no one was upstairs at the time. But I'm not sure if I am hearing Go Away or not. I do see how it could be Go Away but it could just be a grunt which is still awesome since no one was up there! How did you come to feel that it says Go Away? Is there a cleaner version were you can hear that clearly or is just that you really feel that is what it is saying.

One thing about it. That doesn't sound like one of the children. And I haven't heard any of the children say Go Away. They are usually playfull and very talkative. And VERY CLEAR speaking when they speak to ya.  :*:   If this does say Go Away it makes sense cause this sounds like it could be the bad man that the children have been heard referring to. And you would expect him to want you to Go Away so it does fit!

Anyway .... Very good work. !
~Colleen~

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #12 on: Sep 11 2008 - 12:42PM »
Hey Colleen! I should probably tell you why we hear "Go Away". My husband and I went to Villisca this past spring with a whole group of people. The group is led by Ursula Bielski and Ed Shanahan (Chicago Hauntings). They have many cool trips they go on. We spent all night in the house experiencing crazy things.

When we first got there we were given a tour of the home. A bunch of us were upstairs in the children's bedroom. We were messing around with the closet door trying to debunk it by opening it, closing it, slamming it, etc. The house is very old, as you know, and the door was very hard to shut all the way. You'd close it and it would stick partway in the doorjam. You really had to give it a hard hit slam to get it closed all the way. We started asking the children if they could open/close the door for us - to no avail. We shut the door as far as we could and one of our group members had her hand at the crack of the door. She said something like, "I didn't think they'd do it anyway". As soon as she said that, the door slammed all the way shut on her finger and gave her a bad blood blister. I saw the whole thing. NO ONE had been touching the door when it happened! It was awesome (except that she got hurt).

Later in the evening, my hubby put our digital voice recorder in the upstairs closet and closed the door leaving it in there. We all went downstairs for our "circle of energy". This is when Ed Shanahan (our psychic) leads our group in contacting the spirits at the location. We had a couple sensitives in our group and they were all feeling the same thing - the murderer is stuck in the home because of what he did. We had a ghost box running the whole time and we heard him speak to us many times. The name "Blackie" came through clear as a bell on several occasions. And he was mad as hell. So Ed started taunting him and there was a lot of anger felt in the room. "How could you do such a thing to an innocent family? Especially the poor children! You're a sick S.O.B. You know that don't you?" On the ghost box, he was telling us to go away. During all this is when we picked up the EVP. If you notice, he sounds pissed! Because of the circumstances, we're almost positive that's what he said.

Later on, I think it was around 3am or so, something else happened. One of the sensitives was standing in the kitchen by herself when a few of us came back inside from having a smoke. She was standing there with a startled look on her face. She said, right before we walked in, she heard a little girl giggling right by her. So we decided to investigate. We went into the downstairs sewing room (where the Stillinger girls were murdered). We were trying to get them to talk to us. About 10 minutes into it, a couple of us heard a little girl whispering in the closet. So we pulled back the closet curtain and started asking questions. All of a sudden something moved in there. It startled us. There was no one in the closet. As we went to leave after recovering from our shock, about 5 of us were standing in the kitchen talking. Three of us, including myself, heard a noise coming from the back sewing room that we'll never forget. "Drip, drip, drip, drip, drip." It was a very thick sounding drip. Not like water - like blood. Now remember, there's no plumbing or electricity in the house.

It's a long story, I know. And if you stuck with it and are still reading this, I'm glad you did. I'm not a great writer but I did the best I could. Villisca Axe Murder House is a must see! There is definitely something going on there. What we experienced there is, I believe, a combination of an intelligent haunting (we communicated with the murderer) and a residual haunting (we heard the little girl hiding in the closet and then the blood dripping). Go there. You will never forget your experience and you will be changed forever. I feel drawn there. There's this incredible need to go back and help those poor children.

Here's a thought that just popped into my head: I want to go back there - desperately. If any of you'd like to go, we should reserve a date there and spend the night. I know it's expensive with gas prices. But if enough of us go, we could carpool. Drop me a line if you're interested. I have no problem handling all the details and planning it all. I promise, it will be a night you'll never forget.
~Marion
There seems to be an alien pubic hair in my drink!

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: Sep 13 2008 - 01:30PM »
That is incredible!! I would definitely LOVE to go there and spend the night! There is not much that I would rather do. As Ghost1 and the rest of the regulars on here know of me I have a very hard time getting away from work. I would have to really plan it for a while. I hear the place is booked up solid for a bit in advance though so if you could maybe find out when they could take our reservation and how much it would cost then I could see if there is anyway that I could make the date. Believe me when I say that I would do everything in my power to make it happen. Especially if a bunch of us were going. I love my mini family here and I haven't even met any of them! So that would be a dream vacation to get to go to that house AND to meet my friends! So see what you can find out and who would like to go! Your story has made me want to go even more than I already did!
~Colleen~

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #14 on: Sep 14 2008 - 11:28AM »
I looked at the calendar a bit ago, and weekends are booked solid through Thanksgiving weekend.
I grew up in Omaha, and my family still lives there, so if we were to go and freak out and want to run away, we can go cry at my Mom's house  :Y:
The more I read about it, the more I want to go!
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!