Author Topic: Is this woman Dora Newman the lady in the famous picture?  (Read 636 times)

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
Here is a video that I think is quite striking!

A quote from JasonSullivan, the person who took the video.

I went to the Grove at lunch with my GM at work. He had seen the picture we took months before, so we took some cameras and went to take a look. The video was a complete shock for the oth of us.

Jason

We didn't go closer, because we didn't know we were filming anything, we were panning around with the camera, we noticed the anomaly till later.

Here is a picture of her tombstone......  http://www.bachelors-grove.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=1

Ghost1 was here   ;)
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: Is this woman Dora Newman the lady in the famous picture?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05 2007 - 06:23PM »
Ok, I finally see it, it' doesn't move at all though.  Does kind of look like a woman, but I can't tell.............Even if it is, how the heck could they tell it was Dora Newman? 

I'm undecided on this one?   cho

Ok, I just took a freeze of the video so people can see it too...........It took me forever to find it.  Now heres a freeze frame and a enhanced freeze frame.  The enhanced one is with some very high-end software I'm tring out....It's still the demo, that way it says demo in the pic.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05 2007 - 09:43PM »
 :Y:  Ghost1 I am certain that you have done a service for many who would have or have already devoted much time to finding this woman in the vid.  For some reason I did not have a bit of trouble seeing her. She is as plain as any halucination that i have had this week..... LOL  Just kiddin' but she is very clear to me and there is no doubt that she is a woman. I watched it over and over just now and i think that she might lift her head or the wind blows her hair at one point cause i see movement however it is ever so slight.  When he does the slo-mo close-up enhancement and it cuts away i think it gives an illusion that she takes a slight step forward cause i had thought she did and had heard from many others who think that also but I see after watching it many times that she doesn't actually take a step.  But there is no doubt that someone is there. I don't know how they know it's Dora Newman either but they seem pretty sure.  some of the comments said that she can't be the White Lady bcause she has on a short sleeved dress.  I don't know who it is but i do know there is a lady there and she is standing in a remote part of the cemetary and i have a gut feeling that these guys really did not plant her there but who knows were she came from for sure so I know why you would be skeptical of were she came from but not of wether or not she is there.

~Colleen~

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06 2007 - 12:54AM »
WOW Qu Qu  That is amazing! Qu Qu
Heather & Maggie

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #4 on: Jul 23 2008 - 11:19PM »
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #5 on: Jul 24 2008 - 01:52AM »
Why do you think they were holding the camera in that one spot for so long? They said they didn't notice anything until later... Qu

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #6 on: Jul 24 2008 - 08:32AM »
Why do you think they were holding the camera in that one spot for so long? They said they didn't notice anything until later... Qu

I don't really think to much of this one either, I just bumped it for a member that asked about it?  I agree, why was there camera aiming there and like I said  before in this thread...How would they know it was Dora Newman.....I didn't see the "Welome To Bachelor's Grove, My name is Dora" name tag on her.   :*:

Offline Theone321

• Mere Mortal
  • skulls up
« Reply #7 on: Jul 25 2008 - 04:35PM »
i can see it moveing if you look close
Look for some kind of sign

Offline veganrichy

• Ghost Hunter
  • It's funny!
    • my myspace page
« Reply #8 on: Jul 27 2008 - 09:47AM »
I can't quite tell, although it looks pretty damn creepy (and clearly a woman) but I don't think it's a ghost. Like ghost1 mentioned, we don't know  if it's actually "DORA NEWMAN." The rest of you guys also bring up great points; why was the camera there for so long? I don't know how these guys captured something (if it is remarkable) so suddenly on film. I wonder if they took hours of video--and then happened to get that in a spot they filmed. Or, if it's the most active grave/part in the yard, if they just put the camera on a tripod and left it there for filming? I wouldn't exactly know for sure, but where on youtube is the link for this video?
Hey there one in a million

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Jul 27 2008 - 09:54AM »
Hey Richie.....if you double click the video it will take you to this video on youtube on a different screen. I liked the video. They say that they did take hours of video and only noticed this after watching all of it more than once but hey ... I don't know em so I'm not vouching for em. I just thought it was a neet video.

Here's another one I found. As far as I can tell though. They don't claim to have found any anomolies on it but it's 10 minutes of Grove footage in the winter and one of us might see something in it if we watch it. Most of the time they are panning too fast though.

~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: Jul 27 2008 - 10:08AM »
I need your help Ghost1. In the still that you enhanced I can see something in it that I couldn't see on the other photos until I noticed it there.  To the right...on that log that is knocked over does it look like there is another girl sitting on the log with her chin in her hand? She is darker and not wearing any bright clothing. I can't save your stills to my computer for some reason or I would circle it for you guys.  Richie...are you still on? Can you see her?

I went back and looked again. On your enhanced still the word DEMO is right out to the right of her head and she even looks like she's wearing shades.

Once you see her on the enhanced still you can see her even better on the normal still! Check it out!
~Colleen~

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #11 on: Jul 27 2008 - 10:12AM »
I need your help Ghost1. In the still that you enhanced I can see something in it that I couldn't see on the other photos until I noticed it there.  To the right...on that log that is knocked over does it look like there is another girl sitting on the log with her chin in her hand? She is darker and not wearing any bright clothing. I can't save your stills to my computer for some reason or I would circle it for you guys.  Richie...are you still on? Can you see her?

CLick the little paper clip under the picture, and hit save.     "freeze2.jpg (21.75 KB, 399x308 - viewed 21 times.)"

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: Jul 27 2008 - 10:32AM »
Thanks Ghost1! I thought that you guys might still be at the park. How did it go? I was so bummed not to be there with yall.

Well here is my find..!
~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: Jul 27 2008 - 10:37AM »
I'm thinking these guys caught a couple of girls walking thru the woods and it looks like a remote spot .... and possibly still could be remote and these girls were either lost or on a mission to find something.... like maybe .... a ghost. And then again it could be 2 ghosts traveling together....LOL  I might be nice to see this video in it's entirety. That might be the only way to believe or not believe.. :)
~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: Jul 27 2008 - 10:39AM »
Come on Ghost ...don't be gentle with me.  Tell me what you think about it. I want to know! Does this look like another girl to you???
~Colleen~