Author Topic: The Ghost Car  (Read 580 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
The Ghost Car
« on: Nov 06 2007 - 11:56AM »
Check this out, it's pretty strange.
The Cops are chasing down a car, It's all caught on the cops dash camera............You won't believe what you see!
    kn

Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Darkone

• Apparition
  • RIP
Re: The Ghost Car
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06 2007 - 07:29PM »
The cops didn't get there man....(Ghost) this time!

Cool Video Ghost1  :Y:

PS:  I love the new video board!

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07 2007 - 12:26AM »
The cops didn't get there man....(Ghost) this time!

Cool Video Ghost1  :Y:

PS:  I love the new video board!

They sure didn't did they Darkone?! How many times does that happen?! I love to see cops scratchin' their head..... :^: And no I'm not an outlaw but so long as it's not a violent crime it's cool to see the cops lose their cool for a change...... LOL  Love the video Ghost1   :Y:
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #3 on: Jun 05 2008 - 02:35PM »

This was always one of my favorites, it was back on page 10.............Back from the dead!

[fly][/fly]
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #4 on: Jun 05 2008 - 05:37PM »
I agree Ghost. that is one of my favorites also. I am glad you brought it back

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #5 on: Jun 05 2008 - 05:43PM »
Yeah it's a real stumper, I brought it back for BobbyBuka and SurvivorMAN to see..............But I don't think those two ever leave the Arcade.  wh

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #6 on: Jun 05 2008 - 10:43PM »
Is the reason that the quality is so poor due to the fact that it is from the police car camera? 

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #7 on: Jun 05 2008 - 10:46PM »
Is the reason that the quality is so poor due to the fact that it is from the police car camera? 

Right, there not very high quality.  However the nice thing about them is that there watermarked and the time is on the video too.............Those kinds of videos can't be edited!

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #8 on: Jun 24 2008 - 06:32PM »
Do you think maybe the fence wasn't attached in some spots and the criminal knew and went through and when the cop got there it had snapped back in place? But the fence didn't seem to be moving in the cop's headlights.  Qu

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #9 on: Jun 24 2008 - 09:20PM »
could there have been a cliff?
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline BobbyBuka

• * Banned *
  • Mere Mortal
« Reply #10 on: Jun 25 2008 - 11:03AM »
Do you think maybe the fence wasn't attached in some spots and the criminal knew and went through and when the cop got there it had snapped back in place? But the fence didn't seem to be moving in the cop's headlights.  Qu

Here's what my nephew and I figured out years ago when we first found this video.....

Drive any car at a high speed into a chain-link fence...what's going to happen?

If you hit one of the support polls (that the rolls of chain-link are attached to) - and it's securely anchored into the ground, it's going to do some serious damage to your car....BUT, drive your car at a high speed into the chain-link area of the fence - avoiding the polls - and those rolls of chain-link won't stop your car, your car is going to go through the fence....the chain-link just isn't connected to the polls that strongly, so it wouldn't be the same as driving your car into a brick wall, which is sort of what this video implies...

It (the video) takes the position that the car somehow "magically" (or paranormally) passed right through the fence, but any car will do the same thing....

What must have happened is some of the connections (securing the rolls of chain-link to the polls) had to break, but not all of them, so the fence "snapped back" after the car passed through it.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #11 on: Jun 25 2008 - 02:01PM »

Here's what my nephew and I figured out years ago when we first found this video.....

Drive any car at a high speed into a chain-link fence...what's going to happen?

If you hit one of the support polls (that the rolls of chain-link are attached to) - and it's securely anchored into the ground, it's going to do some serious damage to your car....BUT, drive your car at a high speed into the chain-link area of the fence - avoiding the polls - and those rolls of chain-link won't stop your car, your car is going to go through the fence....the chain-link just isn't connected to the polls that strongly, so it wouldn't be the same as driving your car into a brick wall, which is sort of what this video implies...

It (the video) takes the position that the car somehow "magically" (or paranormally) passed right through the fence, but any car will do the same thing....

What must have happened is some of the connections (securing the rolls of chain-link to the polls) had to break, but not all of them, so the fence "snapped back" after the car passed through it.

Wow Bobby your right and that could be the explanation. And if it is what a lucky criminal. Now they don't even keep looking for him cause they think he is non-existent...lol  If I ever felt that I had to run from the cops like that there is no way I would get that lucky. For one thing I would be so scared of running into the fence that I wouldn't have tried it to find out....but I grew up with a couple of guys that would have and probably have....LOL
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline BobbyBuka

• * Banned *
  • Mere Mortal
« Reply #12 on: Jun 25 2008 - 04:07PM »
SurvivorMAN is going to get mad at me for this, but he's got a story from when he was in high school about losing control of his car on some dark country road and ending up in a farm field....but he passed through a barbed wire fence before coming to rest in the field....

Steve, if you read this, you have to give all of the details again, but the way I remember you talking about it - you said it looked like you couldn't have passed through the fence because the fence looked completely "in tact" but the hood and top of your car were all scratched up....is that right?

I always assumed what happened was that the lowest strand of the barbed wire actually went over the top of your car (probably all the strands of barbed wire did that, in fact) and then simply "snapped back into place" when your car was through the fence....I think that's basically what happened with the car in that video.

A speeding car carries a huge amount of force...fences really aren't built to withstand that amount of force.  I would bet the car in the video ended up with the hood and roof all scratched up from the chain-link scrapping over it.

OH - and Steve wasn't driving drunk or anything like that!!!

Offline spookypooky

• Apparition
« Reply #13 on: Jun 26 2008 - 03:10AM »
Interesting! Obviously they were very skilled drivers whoever they were. I didnt see the fence move at all. Maybe they went to the left of it? I was also trying to watch the time on the police camera.  gri

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #14 on: Jun 26 2008 - 09:03AM »
Ok, I hate to disagree here, but I've used to be in construction field many years ago and I worked with all kinds of things...including fences.  I know for sure that if a fence is hit by a car it might brake the links....but not a clean break in a straight line, however it will also bend the poles a bit to.....chain link fence is very strong. Also fence is stretched when it's installed, so If it was run over by a car there is no way it could spring back up to the exact position that it was before?

So, while you had a good theory there, I just don't think there is anyway that could have happend in real life.....Maybe in Bugs Bunny or Road Runner, but not real life.  :*: